News and Announcements
June 2, 2019 – Sterling Field
UPDATE – tryouts were held earlier today.
If you were not aware of time change please contact
WHGSL Marching in Memorial Day Parade – Monday May 27th- Meet at 9:30 am
Every year the West Hartford Girls Softball League has the honor of marching in the West Hartford Memorial Day Parade.
It’s a lot of fun and the girls really enjoy being involved.
Parents: Players should be in full uniform (except they should wear sneakers).
Coaches: Bring sponsor banners
MEET: Monday May 27thth @ 9:30 AM on Four Mile Road and Ellsworth Road (Ellsworth is one block south of Farmington).
Where to assemble: (behind WH Youth Baseball)
CONARD HIGH SCHOOL BAND
WEST HARTFORD GIRLS LACROSSE
WEST HARTFORD GIRLS SOCCER LEAGUE
WEST HARTFORD YOUTH SOCCER
WEST HARTFORD YOUTH FOOTBALL
WEST HARTFORD YOUTH BASEBALL
WEST HARTFORD GIRLS SOFTBALL
ANTIQUE & CLASSIC CARS
RIPCORD – CT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD ROCK BAND
The parade starts at 10:00
If you have any questions please contact your team coach
Attendance required for team placement
Tuesday MARCH 26th, 2019… Webster Hill School Gymnasium
6:30PM: *7th Grade and New 8th Graders (please see below for requirements)
Wednesday MARCH 27th, 2019… Webster Hill School Gymnasium
6:30PM: *5th and New 6th Graders (please see below for requirements)
*Attendance is required for: (Please Read)
- All 5th Graders
- All 7th Graders
- All New players 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grades (even if you skipped a season)
- Any Minor Division player that requested (on registration) to “Play Up” to Major Division
- Any Major Division player requested (on registration) to “Play Up” to Senior Division
- Any Major or Senior Division player that requests to be assigned (Drafted) to different team
>If you were already drafted to a team last season and staying in the same division (Majors or Seniors) you do not need to attend”
· WHGSL coaches will assess the basic abilities of each player.
· The goal is to determine the players skill sets for the annual draft at the beginning of April.
· Players will be drafted according to their assessments and based on the needs of the respective teams attending the draft.
· All incoming coaches will also be allowed to attend the assessment night.
· This will be the ONLY assessment night.
· If a player cannot attend, their names will be put into a lottery and picked randomly during the draft.
Parents and Players: This is an evaluation procedure for the fair process of the WHGSL Major and Senior Division Draft.ATTENDANCE IS CRUCIAL FOR A FUN SEASON, so please attend
125 Webster Hill Boulevard
West Hartford, CT 06107