News and Announcements
Due to forecasted weather conditions Sunday’s Jamboree games are cancelled.
Team Photos are not cancelled and will be taken at the Conard High School Gymnasium
Please have players dressed in uniform and sneakers (schedule below)
Each team has been assigned a time.
Please plan to arrive ten minutes prior to your team’s scheduled picture time.
The document WHGSL_Picture_Schedule_Rain_Date_5-5.pdf was attached to this post.
Today’s Opening Day Jamboree ceremonies and games have been postponed until rain date of Sunday, May 5th, due to rain forecast for today from noon onward.
Postponing clinic until tomorrow , Sunday, April 14 at 1 pm at Sterling Fields.
Coaches can still pick up equipment today at 1 pm at Sterling Fields.
Registration for the 2019 Spring Season has closed.
Please contact Gary@whsoftball.com or 860-561-5886 for questions regarding registration.
Coaches will be reaching out to registered players soon with team assignments.
Attendance required for team placement
Tuesday MARCH 26th, 2019… Webster Hill School Gymnasium
6:30PM: *7th Grade and New 8th Graders (please see below for requirements)
Wednesday MARCH 27th, 2019… Webster Hill School Gymnasium
6:30PM: *5th and New 6th Graders (please see below for requirements)
*Attendance is required for: (Please Read)
- All 5th Graders
- All 7th Graders
- All New players 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grades (even if you skipped a season)
- Any Minor Division player that requested (on registration) to “Play Up” to Major Division
- Any Major Division player requested (on registration) to “Play Up” to Senior Division
- Any Major or Senior Division player that requests to be assigned (Drafted) to different team
>If you were already drafted to a team last season and staying in the same division (Majors or Seniors) you do not need to attend”
· WHGSL coaches will assess the basic abilities of each player.
· The goal is to determine the players skill sets for the annual draft at the beginning of April.
· Players will be drafted according to their assessments and based on the needs of the respective teams attending the draft.
· All incoming coaches will also be allowed to attend the assessment night.
· This will be the ONLY assessment night.
· If a player cannot attend, their names will be put into a lottery and picked randomly during the draft.
Parents and Players: This is an evaluation procedure for the fair process of the WHGSL Major and Senior Division Draft.ATTENDANCE IS CRUCIAL FOR A FUN SEASON, so please attend
125 Webster Hill Boulevard
West Hartford, CT 06107